Our students, staff and parents are proud of Moonee Ponds Primary School. If you and your children would like to become part of our vibrant learning community please contact the school.
Please check out the school Enrolment Policy for details. You can obtain an Enrolment Form from the school office or click on this link.
OUR SCHOOL ZONE
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions
- call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
- email the VSBA at firstname.lastname@example.org
2024 FOUNDATION (PREP) ENROLMENTS
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Moonee PondsPrimary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Moonee Ponds Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school Moonee Ponds Primary School to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023)
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
FOUNDATION TOUR DATES
School Tours for Foundation 2024 can be booked online here.
Please note that all tours require a booking, and will be checked upon arrival.
FOUNDATION FAMILIARISATION & TRANSITION PROGRAM
Once you have chosen to enrol at Moonee Ponds Primary School and you have received your letter of offer and accepted. You will be invited to attend our Foundation Familiarisation & Transition program.
We take great pride in the way in which our students make the transition from Kindergarten to their Foundation year, we aim to make it as enjoyable, smooth and positive as possible.
We offer an extensive familiarisation program that commences in Term 4 and continues through until formal Foundation Transition in November. We have found that by developing a strong relationship between our school, the new Foundation children and their parents as soon as possible, we can better plan programs to suit the specific needs of the children.
Our program also helps to make our new students and their families feel part of our Moonee Ponds Primary School community.
Please note: Students must be enrolled to attend the familiarisation and transition sessions.